When you read quotes from others about the influence of coffee, especially well-known people or those that we admire, it really does remind us of coffee’s universal power. It’s such a big part of our lives; the different ways in which we integrate the practice of drinking and enjoying coffee can be quite fascinating.
Here are 20 fun quotes that I pulled together...
- "Coffee is a language in itself." - Jackie Chan
- "I never laugh until I've had my coffee." - Clark Gable
- "Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with." - Drew Sirtors
- "Coffee first. Schemes later." - Leanna Renee Hieber
- "Coffee is a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to your older self." - Terry Pratchett
- "I have measured out my life with coffee spoons." - T.S. Eliot
- "I orchestrate my mornings to the tune of coffee." - Harry Mahtar
- "Coffee, the favorite drink of the civilized world." - Thomas Jefferson
- “We want to do a lot of stuff; we’re not in great shape. We didn’t get a good night’s sleep. We’re a little depressed. Coffee solves all these problems in one delightful little cup.” - Jerry Seinfeld
- “If it wasn’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever." - David Letterman
- “I wake up some mornings and sit and have my coffee and look out at my beautiful garden, and I go, ‘Remember how good this is. Because you can lose it.'" - Jim Carrey
- "Coffee: a warm, delicious alternative to hating everybody every morning forever." - Kim Bongiorno
- “It doesn’t matter where you’re from – or how you feel… There’s always peace in a strong cup of coffee.” - Gabriel Bá
- “Without coffee, nothing gets written. Period.” - Nancy Kress
- “It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity.” - Dave Barry
- “To do good work one must eat well, be well housed, have one’s fling from time to time, smoke one’s pipe, and drink one’s coffee in peace.” - Vincent Van Gogh
- “Live life today like there is no coffee tomorrow.” - Meik Wiking
- “The powers of a man’s mind are directly proportioned to the quantity of coffee he drinks.” - Sir James Mackintosh
- "What goes best with a cup of coffee? Another cup." - Henry Rollins
- "Behind every successful woman is a substantial amount of coffee." - Stephanie Piro.
As you can see, these quotes are mostly relatable and amusing. However, there was one quote I found that was debatable and/or purely subjective.
“Even a bad cup of coffee is better than no coffee at all.” - David Lynch
Nothing against the great filmmaker David Lynch, but this one was harder to swallow—pun intended. Why? Some of us (myself included) would choose to drink quality coffee only—no matter how badly we’re in need of a caffeine hit!
Then again, if the only thing standing in the way of getting good work out into the world is lack of coffee, then we (premium coffee drinkers, that is) should make an allowance for where Lynch is coming from!
If you enjoyed any of these quotes, let us know, or feel free to comment with your own favourite quote about coffee.
Share this post