- The Little French Bistro by Nina George, 2010. - 3.57
- Shot in the Dark by Cleo Coyle, 2018 - 4.07
- I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella, 2019 - 3.53
- The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez, 2011 - 3.66
- Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg, 1987 - 4.28
- Before the Coffee Gets Cold by Toshikazu Kawaguchi, 2015 - 3.72
- Empire Falls by Richard Russo, 2001 - 3.93
- Generation Friends by Saul Austerlitz, 2019 - 3.75
- Chocolat by Joanne Harris, 1999 - 3.96
- The World According to Garp by John Irving, 1978 - 4.10
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin, 2014 - 4.02
- The Coffee Trader by David Liss, 2003 - 3.74
- The Monk of Mokha by Dave Eggers, 2018 - 4.07
- Of Literature and Lattes by Katherine Reay, 2020 - 3.66
- Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe by Heather Webber, 2019 - 4.06
If you're in a vintage mood, check out Irving's World According to Garp which was published in 1978.
The lowest rating has been given to I Owe You One with 3.53, whereas the highest rating was awarded to Fried Green Tomatoes with 4.28. (Please note that the ratings average will depend on how many ratings the book has received. For example, The Storied Life of AJ Fikry has received over 260,000 ratings, whereas Shot in the Dark has approximately 2600 ratings—so it's not always entirely fair, but that's life!)
Still, Goodreads is a great place to start when you are trying to decide if a book is for you.
Chocolat was made into a lovely film with Johnny Depp and Juliette Binoche. If you're a romantic, you'll love this flick! And if it brings on a chocolate craving, we'd like to recommend our Espresso Mocha Coffee beans.
We're trusting that at least one book on this list will get you in the mood to enjoy your caffeine fix.
In the meantime, if you have a book that you can recommend too then we'd love to hear about it.
Share this post